Monday, July 12, 2010

Yay! Most Excellent News!

I just found out I've been accepted to the Oregon College of Art and Craft!!!!! The beadwork I've been doing for the BJP had a lot to do with my getting in, I believe. This is something I've been working on for awhile, getting all my transcripts sent, putting together a portfolio (hard work!), filling out forms... I'm completely thrilled! Continuing my arts education will help me get my work up to that next elusive level. I'll be in the Certificate Program, with my main concentration in fibers, but the school requires that students study LOTS of different crafts. It will be very challenging to go here -- they have a very rigorous program -- but I'm sure I'll love every minute of it. Art school has long been a dream of mine. Next, of course, comes the Big Question: How am I going to pay for this?? But right now, for today, I am delighted and happy.

In other news, I heard some strange noises out on my front porch early this morning and was able to snap this quick shot through the livingroom blinds. This should prove that we are NOT feeding cats out there!

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I remember when you first posted your thoughts on going to the art school. Congratulations on being accepted!! I can't wait to see posts of the projects you will do.

Is that little animal a possum?

Lois2037 said...

Thank you, Carol! It may be the most counter-intuitive thing I've ever done, but going to school really feels like the right thing to be doing.

Yes, that's a young possum.